You may feel as if everyone around you is falling in love, or finding someone, except for you. It can be hard to be patient and wait for your turn, even when, there is every chance your turn will come. There is a lot of time, a whole lifetime in fact, for these things to happen, even though you may want them to happen now. In the meantime, try to focus on things which make you happy. Enjoy your own company. A happy, together person is the kind of person someone else will be attracted to.
Is it love?
The feeling of falling in love can be awesome. It can affect your sleep, your appetite and about a million other things. It can take over your whole world. Or it may not be so monumental - just a quiet, good, warm feeling.
How do you know if it is really love? Ask yourself:
- Do you have things in common, and enjoy similar activities?
- Do you share similar values about the big things (about family, morals, beliefs, etc.)?
- Do you encourage each other to pursue your own interests?
- Can you talk to each other about important things?
- Do you feel understood and heard?
- Do you understand and listen to your partner?
- Do you care about each other to the same degree?
Not so straight
What if my heart gets broken?
Will someone ever love me?
Going out with someone older or younger
One night stands and friends with benefits
Etiquette in the new millennium
Sex and the law
The art of the flirt
My parents don’t understand